With China as a leading but also gigantic trading economy, the mere thought of making a bulk purchase from China can easily give you headaches. But don’t despair and don’t give up on your project before it has started. Surely the Purchasing from China is no brainer. Everything is too far away, you probably don’t speak the language, don’t know the customs and if you’ve ever been to China, then you know that China is quite a different world from Germany.
Here we have put together a kind of roadmap for you; Things you notice and things you do with yours Purchasing from China should better refrain.
As the name wholesale suggests, this is a mode of trading where the retailer offers his products off the shelf compared to products made for the buyer.
China’s wholesale trade is largely centered on domestic trade. Your first step must therefore be that you find a dealer who aims at international trade. In Yiwu, Zhejiang Province, you will find a plethora of excellent wholesalers that export to almost every part of the world. With most, you can just go to the store and buy the products for your Purchasing from China assess for the first time. The only problem with this is that products imported to western countries have to meet a certain standard. The fact is, however, only a few products from Chinese wholesalers comply with German standards. Importing non-compliant products is illegal. You may be forced to withdraw the product or even face a legal process at your sole expense.
In principle, however, one can say that Buying from China through a wholesaler only pays off if you’re buying a wider range of products, each in relatively small quantities.
So how is it done? Here are 8 steps that will help you build a lucrative Purchasing in China close.
- Find the right wholesaler:
This is obviously the basis for your China import business. Finding and reviewing leading providers can be a complicated and confusing process. Keep in mind, Chinese products are mostly made for domestic trade and may not meet German standards.
- Familiarize yourself and understand the shipping process.
This includes the name and address of the exporter and the recipient, place and date of issue, invoice number, information about the transport, country of origin, brand, numbers and number of packages, exact description of goods, gross and net weights, unit prices and total amount, delivery and payment terms , all shipping documents, packaging, insurance – and these are just some of the things you need to consider when shopping from China.
- Understand Import Duties, Taxes and Fees: Any products you import from China are subject to import duties, taxes and other deductions. You are responsible for all expenses incurred.
- Adapt your product to a specific target group: This includes drafting a product specification document. This includes information about the materials, colors and other functions of your product.
- Sample orders and perfecting your product: Once you are clear about your product quality and order conditions, e.g. B. the number of revisions, then your chances that your product manufacture for a Purchasing from China becomes successful.
- Lay a solid foundation for pre-ordering with a sales contract : A good sales contract will insure your purchase from China against correct shipping, payment and late delivery dates.
- Pay your suppliers and avoid fraud: Do plenty of research on all possible payment terms; what payment terms you should accept and which you should not accept. Get advice on how to protect yourself from fraud. – They have hardly any legal stability abroad.
- Avoid damaged or defective goods through quality control : Again, you need to know all the rules and regulations carefully. Basically, what you want is a local, impartial, Chinese quality inspector. You can commission them to check the quality of your goods for a fee.
As you can see, it is a jungle of bureaucracy that you are about to enter. However, that shouldn’t stop you from shopping in China. One of the most important things is that you have the correct information and help for your Purchasing from China get it where you need it.
The Chinese trading market, as a leading world economy, offers a rich variety of different products at relatively good prices. The advantage for you Purchasing from China is that once you find the right internationally oriented wholesaler, you don’t have to buy large quantities. The variety on the Chinese market makes it easy to buy small quantities of different products. – Compared to the domestic market where the minimum unit amount is 10,000.
For more information for your Purchasing in China please address to: email@example.com